Unique Ways to Give

Food Outreach graciously accepts donations of stocks, bonds, and mutual funds that have appreciated over time. These donations assist donors in avoiding capital gains tax on the increase while also qualifying for a tax deduction based on the full fair market value of the donation (if the asset was held over one year). 

When you contact us to make a gift, our team will provide you with the necessary account information and instructions to initiate a transfer from your broker to the agency’s investment firm. You will be asked to provide the following pieces of information so our investment firm can track your stock transfer:

Your Name (or name of donor)
Stock being transferred
Number of Shares

If you are interested in donating stocks, bonds, and mutual funds please contact Justin Kralemann, Sr. Director of Development at [email protected] or 314-710-5540.

Food Outreach graciously accepts contributions from Donor-Advised Funds (DAFs). The agency works closely with large investment firms including Fidelity Charitable and Schwab Charitable to ensure a donor’s gift is received promptly and processed.

A Donor-Advised Fund, or DAF, is a charitable investment account for the sole purpose of supporting charitable organizations you care about. When you contribute cash, securities, or other assets to a donor-advised fund at a public charity, you are generally eligible to take an immediate tax deduction. Then those funds can be invested for tax-free growth, and you can recommend grants to any eligible IRS-qualified public charity. DAFs are the fastest-growing charitable giving vehicle in the United States because they are one of the easiest and most tax-advantageous ways to give to a charity. 

The agency does not need to be notified of a gift from a DAF in advance. Food Outreach is typically contacted by the donor’s financial institution within 24-48 hours of a donor initiating a distribution. However, if you have any questions about the process, please contact Justin Kralemann, Sr. Director of Development at [email protected] or 314-710-5540.

Food Outreach is grateful to accept a donation of a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) from a donor’s IRA. The IRS does not allow individuals to keep retirement funds in their accounts indefinitely. An individual generally has to start taking withdrawals from their IRA, SIMPLE IRA, SEP IRA, or retirement plan account when they reach age 72. These required withdrawals are considered taxable income. Individuals may choose to donate their RMD to Food Outreach to avoid the additional tax burden. Please consult your wealth management professional for more information.

If you are interested in donating a RMD, please contact Justin Kralemann, Sr. Director of Development at [email protected] or 314-710-5540.

You are donating to : Food Outreach

How much would you like to donate?
$25 $50 $100
Would you like to make regular donations? I would like to make donation(s)
How many times would you like this to recur? (including this payment) *
Name *
Last Name *
Email *
Additional Note